Sunday, March 27, 2016

Amazonian Interviews

I'm sure many of you were curious what I have been doing at the Office. All this talk of 'Projects' and 'Awareness' and traveling in the field. Well, for those who are curious some of my work finally got put up!!!!

DISCLAIMER: EVERYTHING IS IN SPANISH OR KICHWA SO, MAYBE ASK FOR A TRANSLATOR?



This video is an interview (in Quechua I believe) with a Native Tribe leader explaining the problems his community has faced and the struggle they're undergoing to get their Land Deed.



This video is also an interview with a woman from a similar tribe.



This video is from a series done at one Paz y Esperanza's workshops. In it, a Female Pueblo Leader talks about her path to becoming a leader, the trials of being a female leader, and some of the conflicts her pueblo faces. 



This is Julio Yaukurima. He is in charge of a federation of pueblo leaders. He has been to multiple workshops, but he always brings leaders to our conferences so they can learn about their land rights and the defense of a collective land title.



Above is an interview of our Human Rights Attorney Ruben Darîo Ninahuanca. Nina Vilma Balmaceda, a university professor from the States and Native Peruvian, engages him on questions about how he chose to be a lawyer, and how he began a career in defending human rights.



This video is a short message from Paz y Esperanza Moyobamba's director Jorge Arbocco Guillermo. He speaks about the work Paz y Esperanza does creating workshops to teach native tribes about the rights entitled to them.



This video features a Pueblo from one of our workshops. In it he discusses some of the things he has learned from our workshops, the need for collective land titles, and his Pueblo's struggle to maintain their right to live.


So, here's a sample of work I've done. There's plenty of technical things that bother me extremely that any film major will spot. In my defense some of these interviews were shot in the Andean Amazon rainforest. By myself. I can't get everything done well. Regardless I expect more work to pop up on YouTube later. Don't worry! I'll update you if I catch anything!

CREDIT: Ana Reyes Otiniano (aka my boss) did interview the subjects and give feedback on the video cuts. Ultimately the video is for Paz y Esperanza so they have final say on the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment